Monday, May 7, 2012

Three Plus Two is Five

By now you may have heard that last Friday evening, my little brood of three suddenly became a brood of five on the arrival of two foster kids - a 10-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy.  So, we are having some chaotic fun here.

They seem to be handling the sudden transition quite well and are playing and talking easily among us.  They are eager to obey and want to do well in school.  The girl asked to go on the computer so I told her that was fine except that I needed to see what she was doing.  She called me over to show me a website on which she wanted to practice her math!  Maybe this will rub off on my own kids?  :)
 
The boy likes to analyze people, I notice.  He told me that I looked like the evil lady from a movie he saw and though I don't know the movie nor the person, I was glad when he added, "except you're nice."  Whew!
.
And he said that Shifrah was a cross between Darla (from The Little Rascals) and Shirley Temple.

We don't know how long these children will be with us. A search is being made for relatives who could care for them and if they find someone, these children may leave us as quickly as they came. If none are found, they could be with us indefinitely. They are well-behaved children that appear to have a family support system so if I had to guess, I'd say they'll be gone by next weekend.  We shall see.

"Faith in Christ will keep us steady in the stormy sea of change."

No comments:

Post a Comment