It is our hope today that Hadassah will be able to come home for one week. Last night, Hadassah moved back to ICU in order to take her off the IV medicine. They do not want her on this medicine when they do a procedure next week to measure the pressures in her heart and provide other information needed to evaluate her condition. Next Wednesday, she is scheduled to be re-admitted for this.
For those of you who tried to call since Monday afternoon, I am sorry that her phone broke. And the phone is not working in her new room either! NY Presbyterian has amazing technology in the medicine realm but seems to lack it in communications. The internet was usually down too.
Please keep praying for Hadassah and for us all. Short of a miracle, this is not something that will go away with the next hospital visit.
I've always loved Psalter 203. I still do:
In sweet communion, Lord, with Thee
I constantly abide;
My hand Thou holdest in Thy own
To keep me near Thy side.
Thy counsel through my earthly way
Shall guide me and control,
And then to glory afterward
Thou wilt receive my soul.
Whom have I, Lord, in heav'n but Thee,
To whom my tho'ts aspire?
And, having Thee, on earth is nought
That I can yet desire.
Tho' flesh and heart should faint and fail,
The Lord will ever be
The strength and portion of my heart,
My God eternally.

203 has been a favorite all my life, but that last verse does take on a new meaning. We continue to intercede for that Strength for you and Hadassah. Can't wait to see her tonight!
ReplyDeleteA favourite of ours too. It was the opening Psalter when Scott and I got married - at his insistence! Love you and praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteAnita :)